Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Final Goal


 

In a race, it is when the goal is in sight that heart and nerves and muscles and courage are strained almost to the breaking point. So with us. The goal of the spiritual life is in sight. All we need is the final effort. The saddest records are made by people who ran well, with brave, stout hearts, until the sight of the goal and then some weakness or self-indulgence held them back. They never knew how near the goal they were or how near they were to victory.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I pray that I may press on until the goal is reached. I pray that I may not give up in the final stretch.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have visited your weblog and enjoyed it very much. It has a great inspiration.

    Would you like to visit my weblog which I created about 3 months ago? You are invited to follow our weblog if you like it. You can find famous quotes of the day in blog!

    My husband and I are Iranian and live in the UK. We love Jesus and my weblog is mostly about him. Since we are Iranian we have added some Persian topics to the weblog but you can read and watch English ones.

    My weblog is http://creation-to-eternity.blogspot.com

    May Jesus bless you,

    Afsoon

    ReplyDelete